Saturday, May 14, 2011

I have a six year old

How did I get a six year old??? I can't honestly believe that I have a child who has been around for six years. I still remember the first time I held her. I remember her tongue tie, her need to suck on a soother constantly, her adorable little smile. And now....? Now I watch her read chapter books, and teach her little brother all about dinosaurs, and listen to her whine when she gets her hair brushed. This is my six year old daughter. And what that really means, is for the last six years I have felt a love that I never had before her.
<3
She wanted a dinosaur cake, and so, of course I didn't go all out like I did last year, because that was a major exercise in frustration. So this year I made a slab cake, and threw some of her dinos on it. Her first comment after seeing it was, "That's a pretty good scene." Thanks Monkey. She also told Haley about her gifts, and my favorite was, "The best thing I got was a trampoline, and the worst thing I got (and it was here that I started to panic about what she was going to say because there were people all around....), was a papercut." Love this girl.

No comments: