Sunday, July 17, 2011

10 Randoms.... the funniest lines from Wicked

On Friday night, my dear friend Catherine and I went to see Wicked in Calgary. It was amazing. I loved it as much as I loved Phantom. I also loved that I got to spend some time with a friend who loves theatre as much as I do.
The play was considerably funnier than I expected it to be, and here are my ten favorite funny lines from it. (There were also at least a million heartfelt lines that I could include here too, but then I would just be rewriting the script!)

1. Morrible: Miss Elphaba, I hear you're very...bright.
    Galinda: Bright? She's phosphorescent. 


2. Galinda: That was your very first party...ever?
    Elphaba: Do funerals count?


3. Elphaba: Well we can all come and go by bubble. 


4. Elphaba: So you lied to them?
    Wizard: Only verbally.


5. Palace Guard: There's a goat on the lamb!


6. Glinda: I know you don't want to hear this but someone has to say it! You are out of control! I mean they're just shoes...let it go!

7. Glinda: Glinda. The "ga" is silent. 


8. Nessa: What are you doing here?
    Elphaba: There's no place like home.


9. Fiyero: There's no pretense here. I happen to be genuinely self-absorbed and deeply shallow.


And the one that made me really giggle:
10: Nessa: Mmm... What's in the punch?
      Boq: Lemons and melons and pears.
      Nessa: Oh my!


I can't wait for this musical to return so I can take Avery with me. I know that she would love it as much as I did!

No comments: