Thursday, January 5, 2012

A new year and a new plan

Last year I made a bunch of resolutions. Just about one for every aspect of my life. I made one for scrapbooking, one for reading, one for weight loss, one for finding time for myself, and one for family commitments. This year, I am making one. It isn't because I didn't resolve all of last year's. In fact, I achieved a lot of the goals I set for myself last year. But this year, I really need to get my life in order. I have found that being a W(at)HM is tough. I think it is even harder than when I was a W(away from)HM. I can always find something else that needs or should be done and work gets put to the side. I can't afford to do this in 2012. I have secured some major photography contracts, and procrastination will not be my MO this year.
So, my goal is to get myself a bit more organized. A normal, overused, predictable one, but one that I need to meet. I hate meal planning at the best of times, but with two kids in two different activities, plus my weekly curling league and having a husband who works away half the month, meals often are my most dreaded part of the day. So, part of my organization is going to be doing meal planning while Grant is home. This way, I can get input for meals even when he isn't here. We spent the morning making lists of meals we love, ones we want to try, and ones for the crazy nights of the week. I am looking forward to this part of the day (kinda).
I also found a weekly organizer printable on Pinterest. IMG_2416_1.jpg is EXACTLY what I would have made for myself if I had the time. EXACTLY. You can find it here (www.artsyfartsymama.blogspot.com) if you want one too. I printed it off today, and tonight while Grant and I watch Season 2 of Dexter, I am going to make a simple cover for it. So, I guess for the fifth of January I have done not too bad! 


Now, speaking of Dexter..... holy schnicky! What a good show! Is it bad that Grant and I are bonding over a serial killer?

No comments: