Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Concert Completed!

I used to put on the Christmas concert at our school. That is, I did until they hired a real music teacher. And she is amazing. She teaches music to all the elementary grades, as well as teaches band to the whole junior high. So to say that this is her event is an understatement. Also an understatement is how great the show was last night.
The Preschool class sang We Wish You A Merry Christmas (or as Cohen sings it, We Wish You WERE Merry Christmas), and he was one of the few who was singing the verse he was supposed to, when he was supposed to. (Imagine me beaming with pride!) He also snuck up on stage at the evening performance to sing it with the rest of the school.
The grade one/two class also did a great job. I don't know how she got 31 kids to do the choreography without someone getting a black eye, but she did. I was so proud of both my kiddos. They are fortunate to attend the school they do, and have the teachers they do.
I am clearly full of the Christmas spirit! :)

No comments: