Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Layer Cake - WAS

My friend Catherine and I are the only ones of our friends that like real wine. By real wine I mean not Arbor Mist, or Boones or whatever the other crap is the rest of them drink. We have also decided that we are red wine snobs. We don't have the need to drink white. So, because of that, we decided to create our own Wine Appreciation Society. Tonight, on the menu is Layer Cake. I had the Shiraz a while ago on a date night with Grant. We took a bottle of wine out to one of our fields one night, and watched the lightning to the south of us. I really enjoyed it, and immediately tasted the different layers... hence the name I guess.
Tonight is their Primitivo a.k.a. Zinfandel. I am excited to talk wine with her, but more importantly, celebrate her birthday; a day late.

No comments: