Friday, September 7, 2012

Back to School

Back to school signals the end of summer. The weather is still warm, and the kids are still wearing shorts, but our days are no longer filled with deciding whether or not we go to the pool, or the spray park. Days are now filled with waking up early, making lunches, and last minute, "I forgot I had..... for homework!" (Clearly that happened this morning three minutes before the bus.)
Avery started grade two this year, and has come home from school every day this week excited about one thing or another that happened. I am looking forward to watching her continue to learn and grow, and excel in her subject areas. She make me so very proud.

Cohen starts kindergarten this year. His first day was a half day of orientation and he was literally bouncing off the walls before we left the house. He was so excited to put on his "handsome shirt" (see below...) that he fell into the island in the kitchen while taking off his pyjamas. He came home from school with an "A" book that he has been reading to anyone who will listen, including the dog. He is so eager to please and wants to go every day and not just twice a week. 
 With both kids in school I have newfound time on my hands. I still haven't decided what I am going to do with that time though. I talk a big game. I have said I plan on painting our bedroom, I am going to do once a month cooking, I am going to organize my whole house, etc. I think the reality is that I will be so busy with my photography for the first few months of school that I will just be working. Even so, I will be working uninterrupted!
It really is the most wonderful time of the year!


No comments: