Sunday, June 13, 2010

Oldies But Goodies... 10 Randoms


So for approximately two months some friends from high school have been planning a get together via facebook. Seriously... where would we be without that damn social networking???? So, as a result, two of my bestest bestest friends from high school, and a third good friend managed to get together on Thursday for drinks, dinner, and dancing.
We had such a blast, and I think it should become a biannual event. However, in the future, I think there should be a spa, a topless muscular male masseuer, and no talk of exes....... :)

So here is a brief list of some of the best memories from that night......

1. finding out that two of my single friends who need to stop stressing about their single-ness, and start focusing on their happiness found a way to do that. (And I will leave it at that....)

2. Our cab driver, who, with his very thick accent, couldn't pronounce Jennifer, so called her Ju Ju for the whole cab ride. . . I shall also mention that our cab ride was a mere block... and he cursed loudly when we told him where we were going......

3. Leanne walking into her hotel room, and with more joy than I have seen in a long time, exclaimed, "I have never stayed in a hotel with robes before!" poor girl... Needless to say, we had to convince her she didn't need to wear it dancing.

4. The fish taco text from Lammie...... such good timing.... and so inappropriate! Loved it.

5. Dancing with Aaron and Kelsey. Haven't done it in years, but dancing with people you are familiar with is like riding a bike.... it didn't take long before we were ruling the dance floor.

6. The guy who stole my shooter. And then drank it with my girls. Jerk. Needless to say, I hunted him down, made him buy me another, and then told him I didn't want to see him again.

7. Leanne yelling at the top of her lungs, "This is the first time I have EVER danced in Billy Bob's!" Unfortunately, we were in Belini's.... the bar she and I went to all the time in college. Awesome.

8. Having it out with everyone in the hotel room about what did or did not go down one cold New Year's Eve. Still didn't settle anything in my mind.....

9. Leanne thanking Aaron for lending her his "cardigan"... which was actually just a jacket of some type.... but he sure didn't like the cardigan implication.....

10. The soreness of my stomach the next morning from all of the laughs.......

I so can't wait to do it again......

No comments: