Monday, December 28, 2009

Phew! Another Christmas done.....

well... we survived! Did you? Why is Christmas so hard, fun, chaotic, relaxing, stressful, hungover all in one?! We did Christmas Eve with my mother, sister, and brother in law. There was a lot of scotch.... and I drank a lot of rum. One has to cope, non? And then Christmas morning was just us..... and it was soooo good. Just the four of us... No rushing to get out the door, getting up and dressed when we wanted.... so good. And that afternoon we drove to Calgary to go to my sister and Aaron's for the yummy meal. It was a really good time. I was happy that we were all able to get together with very little external stress. I know friends of mine who have had a hard holiday season because they have been made to feel guilty about spending time with their family and friends, and are being pulled to be with their inlaws when that wasn't the original plan. In that manner, we are very lucky. We just alternate. And that is that.....
So, now that Christmas is done, I have lots to do. I have a lot of MNC stuff to get going on, as well as some well deserved me time that I am going to make work if I have to dig a hole China to get it. I also went out this morning and took a ton of hoar frost pictures..... The light was perfect, the snow/frost/whatever it is was thick and sparkly, and I think everything looks better covered in frost. I also think it is really deceiving... It looks nice out, the sun is shining and reflecting off the snow... and then you go out and freeze your fingers off.... but I got some awesome pictures.... so I guess it is a toss up!
So, off to find that me time I was talking about!
TFL

3 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Love this! Gorgeous!

Kitchen Utensil said...

beautiful! we never got any of that...or at least i never peeked out the windows!!! hope you are getting some "me" time ... i am ...kids are sleeping...going to spend "me" time cleaning out the hoe!

Jennifer Reynard said...

WOw, beautiful pictures! Makes the cold almost worth while! Cheers!