Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I DID IT!!!!

(amazing - Kaiser Craft paper, brads, rhinestones, Basic Grey Chipboard letters)
150+ layouts. Holy shit. That is a lot of scrappin'. A whole lot. I am vowing right now that this will NOT be one of my scrapbook goals for 2010. I will shoot for half that. Or none of that..... whatever. I am really glad that Haley put worth this challenge, but I think I have considerably different goals this year. All of the layouts here are old stuff. (Basic Grey Mellow patterned paper, brads, My Mind's Eye Kraft paper, Riff Raff Designs chipboard tree, Jenni Bowlin Bingo Card, Tim Holtz ticket, Jillibean Soup Journaling Sprout, Bo Bunny Brads, We R Memory Keepers Brad, Karen Foster Floss)

Some of it has been in my stash for years. And, I am happy with that. I am happy that I have accumulated enough that I can complete pages, be happy with them and at the same time hopefully reduce some of the clutter that is taking over my space. (PLAY BALL - Cosmo Cricket - patterned paper, chipboard, We R Memory Keepers - Brad, Walnut Stain Distress Ink)

I don't want to only use old stuff... and I know I will have a hard time keeping to the goal of not buying anything new until spring, but I also know that I am very fortunate to have what I do surrounding me in this room right now, and I can't very well purge every other room in our house, make the kids get rid of toys, and me not do the same. (avery byg - Scenic Route - patterned paper, Tim Holtz tickets, Prina - flowers, Bazzill Basics flowers, other flowers unknown, Doodlebug Designs- buttons, unknown eyelets, American Crafts Thickers)
So, I will happily use what I have. I will make do, and I think I will like scrapping with my friends better because I won't have as much crap to lug around!

(My Mind's Eye - patterned paper, chipboard, die cuts, brads, stickers, Jenni Bowlin - bingo card, SU! - grosgrain ribbon)
(Basic Grey - patterned paper, Prima - flowers, We R Memory Keepers - brad, Tim Holtz - tickets, SU! - grosgrain ribbon, other ribbon - unknown, journaling card - unknown)

So that is 2009 in a nutshell. I have been holding off on doing too much because I have a weekend away in February... and I can not wait!

Happy New Year and all the best in 2010!
TFL!

2 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Congratulations on the 150 layout achievement! That is a lot of scrapping. I'm jealous of your weekend away. I hope I can get a weekend away by the spring to scrap my heart out.

Christy Riopel said...

congrats! You rock!...is that the "ugly" Kieser paper I see?