Sunday, January 17, 2010

10 Randoms about my friend Jenn....

Remember your best friend from high school? I do. After we graduated we kind of lost touch with each other, and unfortunately, years passed and we never spoke... and then along came facebook, and we were reunited, and thank God, because she is someone I really need in my life.... and here are the reasons why.


1. I am funny. She is really funny. And the two of us together are freaking hilarious.
2. She is a single mom, and she doesn't want that to define her, but seeing her with her son and the connection they have; it makes me want to be a better mom.
3. I can and do tell her stuff that I don't want to tell other people. I know that she won't judge, and I love that.
4. We like the same music. And, honestly, I think that is really important in a friendship. I think the music you listen to says a lot about who you are. (no offense Tara. I like you despite your choicein music ;)
5. It just feels right. I have gotten in touch with other people from my past, and there is often an awkward or strained feeling. The first time we got together after years and years of no contact... it was like we missed a weekend or something. That's it.
6. She gets it. She doesn't understand it, and neither do I. But she gets it.
7. She kicked cancer's ass.
8. She has had a lot of shitty things happen to her, but she doesn't want a pity party. I think if even one thing she has dealt with happened to me, I would invite everyone I knew to MY pity party.
9. She sticks up for me. Everyone needs someone like that in their life.
10. She doesn't sugar coat it either. She tells me the truth, and I think she doesn't want me to get hurt, and I appreciate that.... a lot.

I don't want to sing the theme song from the Golden Girls... but ./~ Thank you for being a friend....

No comments: