Tuesday, May 18, 2010

10 Random U2 songs I love............

so..... we got tickets! My friend Jenn was coming home from a road trip to Seattle yesterday, and told me she found some tickets to U2 on Kijiji!!!!! They are super high up.... but right off the stage! The concert is in Edmonton at Commonwealth Stadium. I have seen them there before.... and it was amazing. So, in honor of one of the greatest bands of all time.... I am making a list of ten of my favorite U2 songs...... and it will be hard to limit it to 10!

1. Beautiful Day - we had this song at our wedding.... how can you not love it?

2. Bad. Such a good good good song. There are no words.

3. Pride (In the Name of Love) - this song takes me back to junior high school. So many good memories

4. Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World - my favorite line....??? "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

5. The Fly - I love the guitar solo of The Edge in this song... and so electronically cool too.

6. Mysterious Ways - again... takes me back.

7. Where the Streets Have no Name - I think I love the video more than the song..... but I really love the song.

8. Vertigo - I love to dance... and you can so dance to this song.

9. Sunday Bloody Sunday - clearly

10. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

Okay... so I didn't include One. And there is a reason. When that song was finally released on radio, I had already listened to that album so much, that when the radio overplayed it, I had to separate myself from that song. I can hear it occasionally, but just goes to show what some severe overplaying by radio DJs can do to a song!

Anyhoo, clearly not a complete list, and just a few that came to my head right away.... but believe me, I am counting the sleeps until June 23!!!!

No comments: