Sunday, July 6, 2008

another MNC kit


I started this kit right after finishing the Dream one. I really struggled with this one. I am all for kits... I should be considering I design for Monday Night Class, but I am also all about making a kit your own. My friend Tara told me that I had to quit "shaking things up" on the kits, and to just do them as they come, but I can't. I don't want to have the same layout as 200 other women. I want it to have just a little of my personality. So instead of whipping off a layout, I let this sit in my scrapbook room for a week. (the original can be viewed on the MNC website under "Shop for Kits" http://www.mondaynightclass.ca/


I wanted to include some blue accents on this page to bring out the blue in the patterned paper, and also because Cohen is a boy...

I also knew that the picture I would use would be vertical rather than horizontal as in the original kit. And I had a huge chipboard "C" that I thought would work well on this page.

I am still not thrilled with how it turned out, but I will fill in the info and include it in his album. A finished page is a finished page!

No comments: