Monday, July 14, 2008

Beijing Bound

so my little sister left for China on Saturday. She is going as part of an Alberta Education teacher PD program. She will be at a university in Beijing for two weeks, and then will spend the last week touring around.
My dad is a little bit of a worry wart (to put it mildly) and he is already having heart palpitations about her return. Her friend that she is travelling with said that they shouldn't tell him about the trip until August (when they get back). I am waiting for her to facebook me that all is well and that she is having the time of her life, and not too much trouble breathing.
I think now is a great time to go to China. They are so consumed with making the city right for the Olympics that security is at an all time high, they are closing down factories to improve air quality, and whatever... it's China.
I told her to bring me back something cool to scrapbook for her. and also some toys made there with green or red paint for my kids. (this way I will have something for them to chew on when they are driving me nuts... ;) (seriously joking...)

No comments: