Thursday, July 8, 2010

"It's too wet!"

That is what Cohen was screaming for half an hour during his first swimming lesson. Well, of course it is wet you little monkey!I was more concerned about Avery and how she would be. Her first two years of lessons were okay, but she was still difficult to deal with some days. Not this year. She is going underwater herself, swimming unassisted in the deep end with a life jacket (so I guess a little assisted), doing front and back floats, and jumping off the lifeguard platform and going down the big slide all by herself.

Cohen.... well, he is having a harder time. Yesterday was the first day that he didn't cry the whole time he was in the water, and today he went down the little slide alone.... so I guess there is progress. I have to laugh at him though. He cried for most of his second lesson, and when he got out of the water, he thanked his swimming teacher, and then told me, "I really like swimming." Seriously???

No comments: