Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Layout #33 - O Canada!

Canada Day is honestly one of my favorite holidays. I love that I live in the country I do. This past Canada Day was one of the best ones I have ever celebrated. It was the Centennial celebrations for the village I live in, and the whole weekend was a specatcular one. There were things for every age group.... a ball tourney, Flying Bob, a parade, pancake breakfasts, a musical, fireworks, an outdoor movie, cabaret, bouncy castles, talent showcases, and on and on. The best part of the weekend???? The pool finally opened up, and the kids had the first of many days splashing around in the new water!
This layout was tough for me. I hate the color red. I have never been a fan, and find it too "out there". So despite my love for Canada Day, I hate doing layouts about it, because red always seems to weasel its way in! I used the flexible Bo Bunny ruler to make the patterned paper curves, and was pleased with the outcome. I also like that there is a bit of blingyness on the page.... just what a good party needs!
TFL

No comments: