Wednesday, June 3, 2009

That's what friends are for....


in good times, and bad times, okay, fine. Dionne Warwick I am not. But I do have to give a huge shout out to Catherine and Arren.
Grant is away at work again, and there are days that this single parenting thing makes me want to quit it all. I have soooooooo much respect for the single parents who make it work out there. SO much.
Needless to say, today was a predicament for me. I have had major back and neck and shoulder pain, and had another massage booked for this evening. Well, my MIL has been the one to take my kids when Grant is gone, and I have an appointment. Unfortunately, she left for her cabin this morning, and I had no one. So, Catherine swoops in, and offers to take my kids. I didn't ask... she offered. And she has three of her own. Amazing. So I took my kids in to Champion this evening, and left them there. And they were good! Avery even ate supper. (Despite the fact she told me she only had ginger ale ;)
And earlier in the day, Arren picked Avery up, and brought her home from preschool. And she took pictures at the school today for the mini albums, so that I wouldn't have to go in early and take some.
I am so lucky that I have friends who understand that it is hard some days, and who are more than willing to help out for a few hours so I can get a break.
So, in the words of Ellen... HOLLA!!!!
(and sorry that the picture is so hot.......;)

1 comment:

Cat Pooley said...

Damn you're sweet...except must admit that friendship is off for actually posting that picture...