Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yes They Can...

So yesterday was the day. The day that so many Americans, and people throughout the rest of the world have been waiting for. The end of the Bush Era. I, for one, was thrilled. I found it so hard to believe that W was elected for not one, but two terms. He always came across as such a rednecky guy, who really shouldn't be leading a country. Any country. Needless to say, yesterday's inauguration gave me goosebumps. Not the "First African - American", or "Today is very historical", but I think simply because I knew that we were done with him. Done with bad judgement, hasty decisions, and oversimplified explanations because that is how he was told....
I hope that it isn't all hype. I hope Obama can live up to the expectations of Americans and the rest of the world, and that the pedestal that he has been placed on isn't too high.

No comments: