Friday, October 10, 2008

why do I care?

So Grant and I stopped in at a friend's place yesterday afternoon. They had another friend there as well. All of our kids go to preschool together, and the kids have a great time together... but do you have that person who thinks that raising a child is a competition??? We do. So while we were there yesterday, one of the kids had an accident. Happens right? Especially when you are having fun with your friends and don't want to go inside to pee right? (I am talking about three year olds here....) So what did her dad do??? He yelled at her, told her she was a bad girl, ripped off her pants, and chucked her in their truck. He left her in there. Wet legs... and it was cold out. I was in the house when this happened, and Grant came in to get me, and to see if our friends' had a pair of pants for the little girl. The worst part. This family lives across the road from our friends. It would have been so easy to take her home, and clean her up. But no, instead we need to humiliate her in front of her friends, and then leave her shivering in the truck.
I went to the truck and told her that she wasn't a bad girl, that accidents happen, and that she would be okay. Then I told her dad to take her home...
On our way home, Avery said that if she sees this girl have an accident again that she will tell her, "That's okay... accidents happen." I like that she is listening...

I am trying to go on a "hot" date with Grant tonight. We'll see. It seems that whenever we make plans to go out, something else comes up. So tonight, he has booked his mom to come stay with the kids, and we are going to try to do dinner and a movie. (and get groceries.... see what I mean about a "hot" date???!!!) ;)

And I need to get some scrapbooking done. I have a lot of Monday Night Class stuff to accomplish. When will I find the time?
Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kitchen Utensil said...

hope you had a great "hot date"! and your kids were safe and sound when you got home!!