Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Today was the day...

It was Avery's first official day of preschool. She was there alone... without me. And she didn't care. I cried. Seriously... I shed tears. I don't know why. We have an amazing, amazing, amazing teacher, and hopefully the world's best assistant, so it has nothing to do with that. I think I am a little sad that I don't get to know everything that she does all day long.

But she had an awesome day. She found the marble in the sand table, which meant that she got to be the line leader. What a big deal! She has done nothing but talk about how she found the marble, and that it was blue, and that Teacher Carol and Teacher Denise were so proud of her, and that she lead the kids to the "water sink" (water fountain) for drinks, and they followed her outside. The bad thing is that she thinks she gets to be line leader all year. I'm glad I won't be there when she learns the truth..... ;) Anyhoo, I sent her to school looking all cute and matchy matchy, and when I went to pick her up, she looked like she had been in battle. I guess that is a sign of a good time......

I am so glad that she enjoyed her day, and that she can't wait until next week. Neither can I. I kind of like being able to get back to having only one kid, even if it is for only a few hours a week.
So this is the before picture. Before we left the yard, before I started to cry, before she became a mess......
This is her in front of the school. She is making such a goofy face, but in her defense, there were a ton of junior high kids calling out her name and telling her how cute she looked, so I guess she did her best. I think I will take a picture of her in front of this sign every year.....
This is her marching down the hall. (Take note of the Thomas the Tank Engine backpack, and inside that is her Lightning McQueen lunch kit... such a girl ;)... )

So this is the after..... notice the straggled hair, and crazy barrettes. Also notice the "new" pants. Not what she went in. (She told the assistant that she needed to go to the bathroom, but they didn't get there in time.....)

all in all, I think she had a great day........

1 comment:

Kitchen Utensil said...

love love love the hair!!! definitely a sign of a good day!!!