Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Layout a Day!


That's the goal anyway. A little lofty? Likely. I just feel that I have spent so much time organizing my layouts into neat little ziploc bags, that I should do something about the 19 projects sitting in that basket. I am not joking. I am that organized. (Now if only I could say something that great about my house...)

I tend to buy a line of paper, and then every embellishment that goes with it. No plan in mind, no "for sure" pictures to go with it, no real forethought. When I get home, I put all the stuff that I already have that coordinates with the new stuff into a large ziploc bag, and then hunt for pictures to go with it. I find that I am using a lot of my old stuff up this way, while still getting the immense joy that new product seems to bring me. (Is that weird?) Needless to say, when I want to do something quick, I don't have to hunt for paper, cardstock, and all the rest. I think that Monday Night Class kits have done this to me. I love that everything I need for a layout is in the bag, and I don't have to think. So I have made up my own kits. If I was super on the ball, I would throw a sketch, or layout from a magazine in with it all to really inspire me. Maybe next time...
Anyhoo, this layout is done with the Sassafras Lass paper that I love so much, and of course, true to my friend Haley, some old stuff including Bazzill Just the Edge strips, buttons, ribbon, and the metal arrow.
TFL, and sorry that the picture is a little crooked. I should eat lunch and not take pictures on an empty stomach!

1 comment:

Kacey said...

i don't think scrapbooking and clean house can go in the same sentence... it just doesn't work... unless your "kitchen"... i bet her house is AMAZING ALWAYS EVEN when she scrapbooks...