Sunday, August 3, 2008

What a marathon!

So, we are home from Great Falls. We left yesterday morning at 6am, and pulled into the driveway at 9:15 last night. What an awesome day! I seriously have not laughed that much in such a long time. It seemed like anthing that was said was hilarious. And as the day went on, things just got funnier and funnier. My stomach honestly hurts from laughing. (Is that a sign that I should be doing more crunches?)
I have to admit that I wasn't sure how the day would go. I am really only good friends with one of the girls. The others are ones that we see at the same kid activities...and don't usually hang out more than that... but get four women together for a day without kids, or husbands, and with credit cards... and let the fun begin!

I spent waaaay too much money - especially since there is no exemption for less than 24 hours, and ended up paying $56 in duty...ooops. Whatever. I got the final Twilight book, a couple other books, some cute clothes for subbing this fall, a couple of pairs of shoes. And, of course, Bath and Body Works soap. I do have to say that the scrapbook store was a bit of a disappointment. When we went in November, it rocked. Seriously. I spent close to $200 in about half an hour. Yesterday, my friend Tara bought three pieces of paper. That's it. That's how disappointing it was. And I feel bad, because I dragged them there, ranted about it, and then let them down. At least we were able to go to Wal Mart, and do a little people watching while waiting for a couple girls to finish shopping.
Seriously hilarious. Chris and I were standing at the front doors waiting for Tara and Arren, and you would laugh at the conversations that we overheard. One girl came walking in, with two people behind her. She was obviously in the middle of a conversation, but what we heard was, "Well, my birth mother was a whore, and my dad is a drug dealer..." and the guy she was talking to replies with, "hmmm." and then they parted ways. So bizarre.
Anyhoo, we had a cutie at the border, and couldn't stop giggling at the questions he asked us. Stuff like, "Did you spend too much?" and "Where are you from?" See what I mean? Hilarious. I think it might have had a little to do with the fact that we had been on the road for close to 12 hours at that point, and had some really bad cases of the giggles. Whatever. Won't ever happen again, but I am so glad that it worked this time.

1 comment:

Kacey said...

What I missed out? I wanna do that next time?! I am totally in? thats if you'll have me!