Sunday, March 15, 2009

10 Randoms... How to Survive when you and your kids are sick...

We have not been well lately. Avery has been coughing up a lung all week, and Cohen has a nose like a faucet. And unfortunately, I have succommed to the illness. I feel like I have been hit by a truck. My teeth hurt. That is how sick I am....

So this is how I have been surviving the weekend. (I really can't wait for Grant to come home...)

1. Tissue with lotion. It has to have lotion. Whoever invented tissue with lotion was a genius.

2. Tylenol..... I must have this. My teeth hurt so badly. They ache, and my jaw hurts, and my brain hurts. Not to mention my whole body feels like I lost a wrestling match. (especially since I don't wrestle....)

3. Chicken Soup - homemade is better. obviously. But I am too sick to make it, and I am also feeling crappy and don't have the energy to go to town and buy some. so I won't have any. But if I did... it would make me feel better.

4. Cool mist humidifier - it must be cool mist. Especially because I think Cohen is borderline croupy.... I bought a new one the other day. It humidifies up to 1300 sq ft. It has made a huge difference at night. There is very little coughing during the night which I am attributing to the cool mist. (that hint is for you Little Miss Haley)


5. Canada Dry. It has to be Canada Dry. My husband likes Schwepps. I don't. I like Canada Dry.

6. Avery wants a Snuggie. I would be happy with just plain blankets to keep my comfy. But she wants a Snuggie. Quite badly.... whatever.

7. Cough Syrup. I know that they say that it doesn't help. But I had to do something for Avery. She was coughing until she pukes. So she got to have some.


8. Mmmmmmm tea. A little tension tamer mixed with throat formula, and then honey. Lots and lots of honey. Mmmmmm.

9. The phone. I can't leave the house. I don't have the energy. But I always have the energy to call someone. Even though all of my friends were scrapbooking yesterday, I made sure I stayed in contact with them. I wouldn't want to miss the fun, after all...

10. That ever elusive creature... sleep. I almost got four hours in a row last night before Cohen started puking in his bed. It was awesome.

1 comment:

Carol T said...

Yuck! So sorry you're so sick.